- Remove your diamond or gemstone ring before applying makeup, perfume, hairspray and other body care products.
- Safe-keep your ring when doing housework, sports and other rigorous or manual labour to prevent loss or damage.
- To prevent scratches on your jewellery, keep them stored individually in a soft bag or a jewellery box with separate compartments.
- Check for loose gemstones on your jewellery periodically so you can prevent it from falling out.
- Self-cleaning of diamond and gemstone jewellery can be done with a lint-free cloth and light washing with soap. Professional cleaning can help to remove scratches and restore its shine.
- Keep pearl jewellery away from heat and clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Prevent silver from tarnishing by avoiding contact with sulphurous foods and products. Silver and other precious metals can be cleaned with a polishing cloth.